- 29 Jan 2024
- 6 Minutes to read
- Updated on 29 Jan 2024
- 6 Minutes to read
Quick access: Insights > Conversation Overview
The Conversation Overview Dashboard is meant to serve as a general look into your company's usage of your conversations over the period of your contract. This dashboard serves as a check-in on where your company may be in your contract period. It will allow you to determine if you are over or underusing your conversations.
Check out the following video for an overview of the Conversation Overview dashboard.
Filters and Downloads
The Conversation Overview Dashboard allows you to organize multiple tiles and data sources into a single space, making it easier to quickly analyze many related pieces of content. To customize your view of the data, use the filters at the top of the dashboard.
Filters appear at the top of the dashboard and match fields contained within the dashboard's tiles. Depending on their configuration, they can include single- or multiple-choice options, ranges of values, or various date and time options. In some cases, filters may be required by the dashboard in order to run.
- Date: The Date filter allows you to filter by various criteria.
- Click in the Date field to reveal a drop-down menu and select the filter of your choice.
- If desired, change the number that appears (7 is pictured here) to a number of your choice. Then use the drop-down menu to select the unit of measurement.
- Click the + sign to add any other desired criteria for filtering. To remove criteria, click the X.
- Note that "null" and "matches" in the drop-down menu are not applicable at this time.
- Conversation Type: Click in the Conversation Type field to reveal a drop-down menu that will allow you to filter by Voice or Digital conversations.
- Call Targets: Click in the Call Target field to reveal a drop-down menu that will allow you to filter by any combination of Call Targets.
After updating a filter's value(s), you will need to refresh the dashboard to pull in the filtered data. A refresh button will appear in the upper right corner of the dashboard. After clicking on it, each tile may take a few seconds to update.
Unless configured otherwise, dashboards do not automatically update after they initially load. You can refresh your data at any point by selecting the refresh button in the upper right corner of the dashboard. Alternatively, if you expect new data and nothing appears to update, you can use the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner to clear your local cache and refresh the results.
This drop-down menu also includes the option to download the dashboard, schedule delivery of dashboard data, reset filters, and view the data within your time zone. Read on for more information about downloading the dashboard and scheduling delivery of dashboard data.
Each of the Insights dashboards can be downloaded in its entirety, either in PDF or CSV format.
- Open the options drop-down in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and select the Download option.
- In the modal that appears, select either PDF or CSV in the Format drop-down menu.
- Select the Paper Size in the drop-down menu. In order to ensure all data is visible on tables, select the option to expand tables to show all rows.
- When ready, select the blue Download button.
Scheduling Delivery of Reports
In addition to viewing Insights data within the user interface, you have the option of having Insights Dashboards data sent to you through email. Follow these steps to schedule the delivery of Insights reports:
- Open the options drop-down in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and select the Schedule Delivery option.
- In the Settings tab, complete the following fields. When you are finished, click Save. You may also click Test Now to have a report sent to you for your review before saving your settings.
- Schedule Name: Edit the default name of the report, if desired.
- Recurrence: Select how often you would like to receive the report.
- Time: Select the time you would like to receive the report.
- Destination: Reports will be sent through email only.
- Email addresses: Enter the email address(es) that you would like to have the reports sent to.
- Format: Select your desired format for the report. You may select PDF, CSV zip file, or PNG visualization.
- In the Filters tab, change any of the filters for the dashboard if desired. See the Filters section of this article for more details on how to filter the data. When you are finished, click Save. You may also click Test Now to have a report sent to you for your review before saving your settings.
4. In the Advanced options tab, complete the following fields. When you are finished, click Save. You may also click Test Now to have a report sent to you for your review before saving your settings.
- Custom Message: Add a message to be included in the body of the email.
- Expand tables to show all rows: Select this checkbox if desired. Note that large tables may display as plain text.
- Arrange dashboard tiles in a single column: Select this checkbox if desired.
- Paper size: Select the desired paper size for the report.
- Delivery time zone: Select the time zone you would like to use for the delivery of the report.
All of the graphical displays on the Insights dashboards include the ability to drill down into the data represented on the graph, allowing you to see specific and customized views of the data.
1. Hover over the section of the graph that you would like to drill down into. In this example, the Voice section of the graph is the area of interest. A pop-up describing the section of the graph will appear.
2. Click on the selected section of the graph. A menu listing the different drill-down options will appear.
3. Select the drill-down option of your choice. In this example, by Call Target Name is selected. A visualization of the data will appear. If you would prefer to see the data presented as a table, click the Table button.
4. To download the data, click the Download button in the upper right corner. A modal will appear. From this modal, you can configure your desired file format. Expand the Advanced data options to configure additional options.
5. When ready, click the Download button.
The Conversation Overview Dashboard includes data related to conversation usage and outcomes. See below for a description of each data point on the dashboard.
- Total Conversations: the number of total conversations used by your company in the contract period
- Avg Daily Conversations: the total conversations used divided by the number of days you are in the contract
- Annualized Usage: the predicted number of conversations that will be used in a year
- Data As Of...: the date and time that the displayed data was pulled
- Conversation Type: a breakdown of conversations by type (Digital or Voice)
- Outcomes: a breakdown of callback outcomes (shown as a percentage). Possible outcomes include:
- Conversations: total conversations broken down by week. Conversation usage volume is very cyclical (peaking near week's end and dropping off on the weekend), so this graph helps you track changes in overall volume.