- 18 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 18 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Quick access: Organization > Application Roles
On the Application Roles page, you can set up and manage all of your Mindful application roles. An Application Role is a combination of Mindful applications and user permissions within each application. With this feature, you can grant access to specific areas of different Mindful apps to unique user groups, such as managers or administrators. Several default roles are built in by default, and you can create custom roles to suit your specific needs, as well.
View Default Roles
Default roles cannot be edited, but you can view details for the default roles on the Application Roles page. Click the View icon in any row to open the details of a particular role. You cannot edit any details of a custom role, but here you can view exactly what applications and permissions are granted for any default role.
Add a Custom Role
If you need a specific combination of applications and permissions that is not covered by the default Application Roles, you can create a custom role instead. Custom roles provide you with greater control over exactly what a user can view, edit, create, and delete in each application. Note that only Administrators can add or modify custom roles.
- View Callback reports and basic configuration
- Add and edit user accounts
- View information on available roles to apply to user accounts
- Name: Call Center Team Lead
- Description: Custom access for front-line team leads
- Applications and permissions
- Callback: Manager access
- Platform Management
- Users: Edit and Add
- Roles: Read only
Follow the steps below to add a custom role.
- Click Add Custom Role to start with no configuration, or click the Clone icon to copy an existing role (default or custom) as a starting point.
- Enter a Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Under Grant Application Access, select each product you wish to add to this role.
- Within each product, select the permissions you would like to grant this role.
The screenshot below shows a new custom role with our example parameters described above.
A custom role will be displayed differently than the defaults:
- There will not be a lock icon in the row for a custom role, indicating that it can be changed or deleted.
- Edit and Delete icons will appear in the row, allowing you to make changes or remove the role if needed.
Edit or Delete a Custom Role
While default roles can't be edited, you can edit custom roles any time. Note that editing custom roles is itself a permission that can be granted to a custom role.
To edit a custom role:
- Click the Edit icon in the row of the role you wish to edit.
- On the Edit Role page, make any changes needed.
- Click Save when finished.
To delete a custom role, click the Delete icon in the appropriate row.